Security CCTV Controller
Security CCTV Controller
NOW - 29/11/2023
Full job title: Security CCTV Controller
Full time / part time
Numbers of hours per week: 42 hours
Specific shift details
Days and nights 12-hour shifts 4 on 4 off Night and Days
Summary & Purpose of the Role:
Operating and monitoring all surveillance security systems/cameras within the Command Centre in an efficient manner and in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation, and best practice.
Patrolling malls, service areas and public areas via CCTV and on foot as required. Advising tenants, when necessary, on management regulations; diffusing incidents and preventing occurrences using “minimal enforcement”; maintaining fire, Health and Safety Regulations and securing the premises. Shift to include control room management. In the course of duty aid the public and shop mobility, First Aid using “customer care” procedures at all times. All duties to be carried out in adherence with the IFM Health and Safety policy. Care to be taken regarding personal appearance and hygiene at all times. To assure that the company standards and policies are followed and maintained.
· Managing team on site, making sure they have a correct uniform and equipment.
· Managing team breaks and covers.
· Conducting recording conversations with staff around any issues as a first stage of HR process.
· Start shift promptly at time designated, in full uniform. Arrive early if preparation is required.
· Appearance to be clean, smart, and tidy at all times.
· Responsible for active communication of “changeover” of shift to the on-shift supervisor. This to include handover of shift keys, PDA, confirmation of staff on shift, contractors on site, verification of isolated alarms, run-through of incident occurrences from previous shift, confirmation of any insecure doors, any matters pertaining to the smooth effective running of the shift.
· Responsible for the awareness of Health and Safety. Procedures carried out must be in line with the Health and Safety Policy – set procedures are indicated in the Assignment Instructions
· Responsible for full comprehensive understanding of fire alarm procedures.
· In relation to a major incident be fully conversant with the location of all plant room, service corridors and lifts, both by location and by name.
· Being the main point of radio contact for all on site Staff and tenants
· Responsible for the control room activity at all times including during incidents.
· Each member of the security team will be responsible for maintaining correct records concerning security logbooks, incident witness statements, passing through to the FM and defect reports.
· Assisting tenants on request on the event of an incident – this may be in person or by camera or both.
· Assisting Police presence on site either in person, by camera or by statement.
· Awareness of responsibilities and powers as a member of the security team and when to hand over to Police instruction.
· Responsible for diffusing incidents and situations in the malls
· Responsible for providing first aid if necessary. (This only to apply to certificated first aiders.)
· Control room duty. This to include answering telephone enquiries, monitoring cameras, radio communication, contractor permits and logbook.
· Use patrol monitor (diester) system to assist with accident and incident control and prevention.
· Knowledge of in-house radio usage plus call signs
· Responsible on night shift to maintain check calls as required.
· To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, proper, and thorough manner taking into account Health and safety legislation, Incentive FM policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
· Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information.
· Report anything in need of repair or replacement to the appropriate person
· Keep your working area and space clean and tidy at all times and your tools and equipment safely stored.
· Be familiar with the required care standards regulations governing your job.
· Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues, tenants, and shoppers at all times.
· Be prepared to receive and undertake further training as required.
· At all times to follow through any managerial instructions
Skills and Experience:
· SIA licence in CCTV required (Security Guarding were applicable)
· Experience of working and building partnerships with clients
· IOSH trained desirable.
· Articulate and has the ability to communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM teams.
· Organised individual who can demonstrate a record of planning and managing workflows.
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of high-quality service delivery and their impact on this.
· The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role.
· Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multitask with clear ability to focus on details.
Closing date: 31-12-2023
How to apply
Get in contact with our Facilities Manager, Magdalena Cieslak, via email: [email protected] or by phone: 07356 131768.