Team Leader – Cleaning
Team Leader - Cleaning
NOW - 29/11/2023
Full job title: Team Leader – Cleaning
Full time / part time
Numbers of hours per week: 42 hours
Specific shift details
42 x Hours Per Week 4 on 4 off schedule
Summary & Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of the job is to support and assist the responsible manager to maintain a safe and clean environment. To support, supervise, manage, and monitor the day-to-day cleaning of the site both internally and externally in accordance with agreed schedules and within pre-determined budgets. Provide leadership and direction, to assure that the company standards and policies are followed and maintained. To supervise, manage and monitor the day-to-day cleaning of the site both internally and externally in accordance with agreed schedules, key performance indicators, and within pre-determined budgets.
· To manage and control all consumable ordering of stock and communicate to the facilities manager all stock requirements.
· To control distribution of the stock
· Rota production – to produce and submit the rota to the facilities administrator by the end of the first working week of the calendar month for the following month.
· To complete the daily / weekly tasks and duties in line with client expectations
· To monitor and quality check all work both internally and externally to ensure that the work is being completed to pre-determined specifications and standards throughout.
· Supervise and monitor the waste & recycling team operations, liaising with facilities manager.
· Monitor and report on all activities, providing relevant management information via either written, verbal reports or PDA.
· Ensure all equipment is maintained to manufacturer’s recommendations and full working order complying with Health and Safety regulations, reporting all equipment defects to the relevant manager immediately.
· Attend team meetings; liaising with other departments to perform duties and aid overall business needs.
· Use patrol monitor (diester) system to assist with accident and incident control and prevention.
· Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
· Ensure all communications contained within the handover book are addressed at the start of each shift as a matter of course.
· Conduct all team member absence return to work documentation.
· Conduct and document all informal discussions with team members regarding performance issues.
· Development of the team. This will involve building relationships, evaluation of training needs and working to develop a highly motivated team.
· At all times to follow through any managerial instructions
· To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, proper and thorough manner considering Health and safety legislation, Incentive FM policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
· Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information.
Skills and Experience:
· Experience of working in a Cleaning Environment at a Supervisory level
· Experience of COSHH
· Experience of working and building partnerships with clients
· IOSH training desirable
· IT literacy skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Articulate and has the ability to communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM teams.
· Organised individual who can demonstrate a record of planning and managing workflows.
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of high-quality service delivery and their impact on this.
· The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role.
· Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multitask with clear ability to focus on detail.
Closing date: 31-12-2023
How to apply
Get in contact with our Facilities Manager, Magdalena Cieslak, via email: [email protected] or by phone: 07356 131768.