Calling all Pret cookie fans… We have a very special recipe for you. It’s perfect for rookie cookie makers or seasoned pro-bakers!
Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 10 - 12 mins | Serves: 8
- 110g Unsalted Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 85g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 190g Self-Raising Flour
- 3g Salt
- 120g Large Dark Chocolate Buttons
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave, until just melted (but not hot).
2. Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the caster and brown sugars until we combined.
- Add the egg and beat on low speed until just incorporated - 10 to 15 seconds or so. Don't overbeat as this will result in a firm dough.
3. Add the flour and salt. Mix until a smooth dough forms - again, be careful not to overmix!
4. Add the chocolate buttons to the dough and combine with your hands. For a good distribution of chocolate, don't be afraid to break up some of the buttons into pieces or chop them slightly beforehand.
5. Scoop out 8 balls of dough and place on a non-stick or lined backing tray.
6. Make sure there is plenty space between them as the dough will spread out in the oven.
- Press them down lightly with your palm to flatten them out a little and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies look puffed up and golden.
7. Let the cookies cool on the pan for around 30 minutes as they will settle and sink into a dense buttery cookie.
8. Best enjoyed warm (or place in an airtight container and eat within 3 days).
Here's bonus vegan cookie recipe for you to try: